1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing!
- Awareness - create greater awareness of opportunities to serve the orphan through initiates such as - • Sponsoring kids - Haiti Hope for Kidz
• Praying for orphans, families serving orphans, etc
• Respite Care / Meals for families serving orphans
• Financial support to help others afford adoption
• TheForgottenInitiative-supports foster care community
- Mentoring -
- Connect families considering or starting down a path with families further down the path
- Identify families that are already serving orphans and provide support according to their needs
Isaiah 1:17 learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause
- Provide education to those serving the orphan through ongoing training. Training offered through partnerships such as:
- Safe Families
- Empower to Connect - training for developing healthy attachments
- Christian Alliance for Orphans (CAFO)- yearly conference
- Bethany Christian Services - International adoption, domestic adoption, safe families!
- Lifesong for Orphans - loans, grants, recruiting prayer and financial support!
- DCFS - foster care
- Develop a community of people serving orphans to pray for and support each other
Philippians 2:3-4 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
- Enhance the life of orphans by giving hope and opportunity
- Enhance Christ Follower's faith walk by experiencing the joy of sacrificial serving of "the least of these" wherever they are